Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just when I make fun of Alabama politicians, along comes Ralph ...

I got this e-mail today from Georgia Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens:

Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens has been asked for his opinion on the recent repeal vote on the healthcare bill. Here is his statement:
 
"I congratulate the members of Congress who voted to repeal the deeply flawed health care law signed by President Obama last year. As I have stated before, I believe the law to be unconstitutional, and for that reason, last year ensured the passage of legislation providing that Georgians cannot be forced to purchase health insurance. This vote serves notice that people are no longer willing to accept big government “solutions” that stifle job creation, pile even more debt on the American taxpayer, and do nothing to address spiraling health care costs."

By this I can draw two conclusions:

(1) You can't trust this guy because there's no way anybody asked for his opinion on the matter. And ...

(2) Based on his reasoning, I guess I won't have to pay my car insurance bill next week. After all, the government can't force me to buy insurance. Right?

I emailed his office and asked for clarification but got no response. Duh.

No comments: