Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cheesebuger in Paradise

Boy did I commit a little mortal sin this weekend. No, nothing like that. Get your mind out of the gutter. In my Sunday column about newspaper songs, I had a major typo: "Cheesebuger in Paradise."

Yeah, I know, that Jimmy Buffett song has nothing to do with newspapers other than the terrible dietary habits of print journalists, so you'll have to read the column to see how it relates. Fortunately, that typo won't be found online ... I fixed that. Unfortunately, I can't fix the tens of thousands of Sunday papers with the typo. I've already gotten in trouble with the Margaritaville police once this year. Even though I'm not fond of this Buffett song, this screw-up could very well result in capital punishment.

3 comments:

Beach Bum said...

I think Cheese Burger in Paradise was the first Buffett song I ever heard hooking me completely on Bubba. The only issue is that I seem to remember hearing the song at a very early age, far younger than I think possible.

Anonymous said...

damn, that song just takes me back to one of the places of its inspiration: rotiers, in nashville. now that's paradise.

Chris Johnson said...

I'm sure Rotiers is no Troy's Snack Shack in Montezuma, Ga., but I'll have to take your word for it. I still like about 200 Buffett songs an awful lot better than "Cheeseburger in Paradise," but at least it's not as bad as "Mental Floss."