Monday, February 11, 2008

Zoom Zoom Boom

Do you ever feel like you'll never get a dollar ahead? For eight years I've been trying to escape debt only to have one surprise expense or another come up and club me in the back of the head like a sack of quarters.

Last week, the transmission went out on my 3-year-old hunk of junk SUV a couple days after I paid my credit card down to $11. After tomorrow, that credit card will be back up to $3,011 or so. Since it's gonna cost me about three thousand dollars to fix, I'm gonna make sure I tell three thousand people not to buy a vehicle from that company. I can't mention their name here, but if you contact me, I'll be glad to alert you.

The story of the breakdown is rather funny, if you're not dealing with the pain of paying for this. It involves me walking home barefoot and in shorts in 35-degree weather. You can read more about it in my next Sunday column.

No comments: