Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fins up!

I hope my posting this doesn't mean someone scoops up tickets before me, but since I just started this blog, maybe too many folks won't catch on. Anyway, tickets for Jimmy Buffett's April 25 show in Atlanta go on sale this Monday, March 19, at 10 a.m.

I've gone through this ticket buying mess for Buffett shows several times, and it's a little like playing the slots. Every show sells out in about 10 minutes (must save a bundle on marketing), and each time I go to a Ticketmaster outlet, such as at a Publix, it's always different. There's always confusion, and the workers never hurry as they don't seem to see the urgency in this situtation. They also look at all the Parrotheads in the stores and look a little scared.
OK, maybe disturbed is a better word.
I'm gonna stay at home this time and hit reload 8 million times in 10 minutes. Maybe I'll get lucky again. If you do get lucky and snag tickets, and have never been to a Buffett concert before, you should know that the tailgating is really the show before the show. Actual working volcanoes, palm trees, a lot of margaritas, hula girls, hula guys, you name it. Doesn't exactly fit in the ATL, but oh well. Just thought I give a few folks a head's up on the fins up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that you, you handsome devil?!:)LOL!
love,
Americus again!

Chris Johnson said...

That's Jimmy Buffett! I'm not that old ... yet.

Anonymous said...

Is that just what you want us to think?!?!?!