Saturday, March 17, 2007

Women: Rule No. 1,248

OK, ladies, here's the new rule for ordering at restaurants: We guys will order what we want and you can order what you want. And no more considering what you're gonna steal from our plates while placing some dinky order like, "I'll just have a salad." Weeds in a bowl as I call it.

I've just about got my wife trained on this one, but not quite. Last night, while eating at Willie T's, which is about the only place you can find a seat without waiting on a Friday night in Columbus, I ordered a super sampler. That's 2 cheese sticks, 2 grilled fingers, 2 fried fingers, 4 wings, fries and toast, all of which I'm sure is extremely healthy. Anyway, we get back to the table and my wife says, "You don't mind if I have just one of your cheesesticks, do you?"

Just one??!! You're talkin' 'bout 50 percent of my cheesestick inventory here! I wanted to say, "You did see the cheesesticks on the menu the first 100 times we ate here, right?" But I thought better of it, especially since our new love seat is only 67 percent as long and as good for sleeping as our old sofa.

2 comments:

lisa mc said...

ok, i am guilty of this. but look at me! i can only eat 1/4 of a cheese stick anyway! are you trying to starve me? have a heart, CJ.

Anonymous said...

And he was mad about it the entire dinner!