Thursday, May 29, 2008

One more week

Exactly one week from this very moment, I'll be on the Lakewood Amphitheatre lawn with thousands of other Parrotheads for the Jimmy Buffett concert. So, expect me to be in a pretty good mood for a few weeks after that. Nobody's more excited about my going to the Buffett show than my boss, Pork Chop, because she knows it's my religious holiday and I come back from Buffett shows a changed man ... at least for a little while. That's exactly what this Sunday's column will be about.

Every now and then you need to escape to paradise, even if that paradise is a parking lot in metro Atlanta. See this slideshow from The Gulch, where my friend Bass and I tailgated last year. If you've never been to a Buffett show, well, I consider you a heathen. And here's an idea of what you're missing:


1 comment:

Georgia Road Geek said...

Hope you have (or have had) a great time seeing Buffett.

I've enjoyed his music for years (ever since "Come Monday") and even driven the Overseas Highway to eat a "Cheeseburger In Paradise" at Margaritaville. Never been to any of his shows, so I guess that makes me a heathen. :)