Monday, May 5, 2008

Way to go, Sis!

Gotta give a shout out to my "sister" Laurie Hair, the CEO of Flint River Hospital in Montezuma, Ga. Her hospital recently came in third in the state in a HCAPPS customer satisfaction survey out of 72 Georgia hospitals. Columbus' Hughston Orthopedic Hospital came in fourth, just behind Flint River. You can find out how various hospitals ranked by clicking here. The survey is no small deal, by the way. Ignore it, and you'll lose significant Medicare money.

The top 4, by the way, were well ahead of the pack. I spent a week in Hughston in 2000 when I had a broken femur, hip and pelvis from a car wreck and they were fantastic. I was born at Flint River, back when it was called Riverside Hospital. When folks asked my parents which baby was me, they replied, "The white one."

Laurie is also my mom's boss and not my real sister. I adopted her several months ago. And she's not just my sister but a good friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Chris - you know I love ya

Unknown said...

The best way to find out what your customers and prospective customers think of your business and what they want from you is to conduct a customer survey.