Wednesday, July 9, 2008

French Fry-day

I knew someday it would come to this, though I didn't think it would happen so soon.

On Friday, July 11, I'll be pulling an 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. shift at McDonald's, downtown at the corner of Veterans Parkway and 13th Street. They probably won't let me play with the fryer or anything, although I vow to steal a McNugget before the day is done.

Actually, it's "Celebrity Day" at McDonald's I'll be raising money (or trying to) for the Ronald McDonald House, a very worthwhile mission. The House provides a place for out-of-town families to stay when their children are hospitalized. This lets the families focus on what's important instead of the hassle and financial implications of dealing with hotels. In Columbus, the House also has a heck of a well-stocked kitchen where families can fix meals, although a slew of local volunteers come regularly to cook huge meals. I pull a volunteer shift at the front desk of the house every couple of weeks or so. You can learn more about the local Ronald McDonald House by clicking here.

So, drop by McDonald's on Friday, say hi, let us have a little spare change, and maybe I'll let you have a french fry or something.

1 comment:

Allison Kennedy said...

See you at the Golden Arches!