Sunday, June 8, 2008

If ya got it, flaunt it!

Normally I wouldn't post a picture of someone getting their breasts autographed, but this one just seemed a little different from most such autographing sessions. I'm not sure why. I took it during the Summer Side Show on Saturday where 50-something bands played in 175-degree heat, which set a high temperature record for Columbus.

It's not really my kind of music. For my kind of music, I went to the Jimmy Buffett concert in Atlanta two days earlier. (See next post.) We kinda swayed and hula danced Thursday as one big happy tacky tipsy family. On Saturday, they slam danced and slung their fists around like they were on "Jerry Springer." And it was an alcohol-free event. I felt old. OK, I am old, but at least at the Buffett show there were old and young alike. At Summer Side Show, there were hundreds of teenagers ... and me. I was there to see Dirty Dirty (pictured below), whose bass player Cody Peaster is a young friend I was corrupting, er, I mean mentoring during his last bit of high school.

No comments: