Friday, June 6, 2008

Parrothead pilgrimage 2008

Just returned from the holiest day on my calendar, Jimmy Buffett's annual appearance in Atlanta. Here are a few of the pics from the tailgating area where my wife, my friend Bass (now known by his street name "G-Dawg" given to him by a thug on the street, though we just call him "Truck" ... long story) and I parked the truck Thursday. Unfortunately, not a lot of photos from the area are fit to be published here, but it was an awful lot of fun and everyone was just one big, happy, tacky family as usual. For a video and slideshow from the much tamer official Lakewood Amphitheatre parking lot, click here. We preferred the more untamed tailgating area.


Me and Bass, a couple of nuts. Mmm, coconut milk.



Alternative mode of transportation


Multiply this scene by 100 and you get the idea.


Parrotheads finally phlock into the amphitheatre.


The lawn people, of which I was one.


My wife with some Columbusites.


I think this guy likes Jimmy Buffett.


Multiply this by 4,000, and you get the idea.


I think my wife took this picture. I hope my wife took this picture.


More Buffett gals.



No comments: