Monday, June 4, 2007

Balls!

I've seen some bad television channels in my day, but whatever channel 3 is on my Knology system takes the cake. It's supposedly news, financial and sports headlines, although the images don't quite match the text.

My wife suckered me tonight by telling me the "ball game" was on. Hoping to find ESPN, ESPN Classic, Fox Sports, ESPNU, ESPN News or the NFL Network on, I instead saw this:

Note the text has nothing to do with sports. It's about a Sacramento man who turned 110 and eats an unhealthy diet. It should be noted that the image doesn't do justice to the excitement of the channel because what you can't tell here is that the football rolls back and forth slightly for a few minutes.

That was followed by the robot. The robot is reading something, but you don't know what because this station has no sound. He seems very serious, even for a robot:


Granted, I've got like 140 other channels, but I think I'm gonna only watch this one until I discover why it's on my TV. I think the robot is speaking only to me. "Chris Johnson, we the robots of the world have appointed you our leader. Now, please go to Station X14 and pull Lever 23 and ask for Hal, who will give you the coordinates for Mission Excalibur. And don't take no wooden nickels."

No comments: