Sunday, June 10, 2007

Baseball gods, please

I'm a very spiritual person, if not a religious one. But right now I've got to have faith in the "baseball gods." They must exist. I believe they're busy punishing the New York Yankees for trying to buy a World Championship. How else can you explain the Red Sox's comeback in the ALCS a couple of years ago? Anyway, baseball gods, if you're listening, grant me this one prayer: Please let Barry Bonds hit his 754th home run, and then never another one. Leave him one short of Hank Aaron for eternity. Amen.

2 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

I have long since given up inserting needles in my Barry Bonds voodoo. I guess the steroids can over come the bad mojo I'd hope to hex him with.

Chris Johnson said...

You must keep the faith. His legs do appear to be falling apart.