Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just me and the Braves

I hit the gym about 11:30 or so tonight and didn't get home until 1:30 a.m. And thanks to extra innings and the fact that they're on the Left Coast, I get to watch my Atlanta Braves play the Giants. Right this second, the Braves are up 7-4 in the 13th, but they're trying to blow it. I'd boo Barry Bonds, but I don't want to wake the wife. Dang! It's 7-5 now and the bases are loaded.

This reminds me of those summer night of my childhood in the '80s when I'd come in tired after playing football or baseball or tromping through the woods and creeks all day and spend the late night and early morning watching the then-lowly Braves. They were in the National League West back then and played a lot more games in L.A., San Fran and San Diego than they do now. Though they Braves were baaaaad, I'd be glued to my 13-inch black-and-white TV. I felt like I was the only person east of the Mississippi watching them. Heck, I might have been. I was definitely the only guy east of the Mississippi watching them and "The Rat Patrol" afterward.

Whew! They just held on to win. Now, if I could just cure this insomnia. Or if TBS would just put "Rat Patrol" back on.

No comments: