Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Plain ol' water

I just learned that Pepsi's Aquafina bottled water and Coca-Cola's Dasani are made from purified tap water. Perhaps I'd have already known this if I drank the stuff. But with a kitchen faucet and a water fountain at work, I haven't had the urge to part with hard-earned money for water. Besides, I grew up drinking water from an artesian well along a street in Montezuma, Ga., and from garden hoses, and it had no adverse affects on me -- although my son was born with six fingers on each hand. Just kidding ... it's seven.

Now, if I find out they've been getting Diet Dr Pepper out of some faucet somewhere and charging me hundreds of dollars a year for it, then I'm gonna be mad. I'm also gonna find out where they got that faucet and get me one. The heck with tap water. Although, showers might get a bit sticky.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Now, if I find out they've been getting Diet Dr Pepper out of some faucet somewhere and charging me hundreds of dollars a year for it, then I'm gonna be mad."

LOL! That'd be hilarious.

I think most people realize Aquafina is purified water and doesn't come from a spring. I'm surprised this is news!

Anonymous said...

I remember hearing a joke back years ago that poked fun at Bud Light. It went something like… if they can sell this, they could make a million selling a bottle of water.

Who knew?

Maybe there’s a market for the return of the pet rock?

Chris Johnson said...

I had to have my pet rock put to sleep.