Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Try this on for size

Those of you who know me well know that I'm a wee bit of a nonconformist. Those of you who know me well also know I'm a bit of an idiot. But the thought of conformity absolutely makes my skin crawl.

Yesterday I heard someone on television make the cliche comment that "everybody puts their pants on one leg at a time." After pondering that brilliant statement, I decided that I didn't want to be like everybody, so I jumped into my pants both legs at a time. This may be quite easy if you've got grease on your legs and can slip right through, but it's rather difficult when your feet get all twisted up somewhere around the knee area.

And then, of course, you trip, bump your head on the dresser, knock eight things of empty deodorant onto the floor and fall into the pile of green shirts that you're planning to wash any day now. You know, the usual.

Now I know why everybody puts their pants on one leg at a time. Oh, and these were not my pants. Mine were more colorful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anything you could just not wear pants.
That way the saying doesn't have any effect on you what so ever.

Anonymous said...

Thats not your creepy stalker either.
That was Cody

-Cody

Chris Johnson said...

If I can convince my boss that my pants are invisible and invisible is the "new black," I might be able to get away with it.